return to the Services page
- 'You' or 'your' means the owner of or an authorised agent of the owner of a website. 'I', 'me' or 'mine' means myself, Martyn Pearce.
- Upon payment of the design & build charges and the first year's annual charge the completed website will be released onto the Internet.
- Any domain name registered by me on your behalf will be registered in your name through an official registrar and will immediately become your property. You will be able to take your domain name with you if you choose not to use my services.
- You can choose to register a domain name in advance in order to secure that name. Any charge made that secures a name cannot be refunded as the registration authorities do not make refunds.
- When a domain name is registered for a new website, the anniversary of the date of registration of the name will become the due date for all future annual charges. If a domain name that you already own is used for a new website, the anniversary of the date of the loading of the first draft web page will become the due date for future annual charges.
- The cost of extra pages or facilities ordered part way through the year will be calculated for the remainder of that year but a minimum charge of 3 months will apply.
- I reserve the right not to display any material or image provided by you that I consider to be inappropriate or that I consider may contravene a copyright law. Any such material added to a website by you using an update system for updatable pages may be removed and the use of that system may be restricted.
- Owners of update systems for updatable pages are responsible for ensuring that the log in details for such systems are kept secure and that only authorised persons may use them.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you own the copyright or that a copyright agreement exists for any material or image that you use or provide for your website.
- The copyright of any design, material or image produced by me for use on a website will remain mine.
- The cost of making small changes to the content of a website are included in the annual running costs providing that such changes are not regular, frequent or planned. This does not include changes that could be made by an owner using the website's update system for updatable pages. Changes to the design of a website will be charged for.
- I reserve the right to place a small hyperlink at the bottom of one page of your website linking it to this website. I may also place a hyperlink on this website linking it to your website.
- On notification of an error on a website I will resolve it as quickly as possible but I cannot accept responsibility for any loss either monetary or otherwise due to any website error.
- I will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the content of a website is valid and correct. I cannot be held responsible for any actions taken based on the content of a website and cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of materials viewable directly or indirectly from this site or any other website.
- You shall keep me indemnified and harmless from and against any claim brought by any third party in connection with or resulting from the provision of any website or service.
- You may transfer a domain name that is registered to you to another host at no charge by me but no refunds will be given for unused periods of hosting or for unused services. The new host may make a charge for this. IMPORTANT: A transfer should not be undertaken if there is less than one months registration remaining. This is to avoid re-registration complications and possible loss of service.
- I reserve the right to withdraw any service in whole or in part without prior notice. A refund will be given under such circumstances providing the withdrawal of service was not due to inappropriate use of the website. I shall be under no liability whatsoever for any costs, losses or damages, howsoever arising, that you incur or may have incurred due to the withdrawal of such a service.
- If you no longer requires a service or facility a refund cannot be given for the unused period of the service or facility.
- Although the UK based computer centre servers that I use have full redundancy to protect against loss of service, no guarantee of an uninterrupted service can be made.
- Regular back-ups of all websites are held at a remote location to the servers. In case of major system failures, owners of update systems may find that recently made changes may need to be repeated.
- Information which identifies you personally will only be used to provide services that you have requested. Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party unless required by law. Credit or debit card details are encrypted and sent directly to the card processing company via a secure network. Card details are never made available to me.
- The content of this website is copyright and may not be reproduced in any way without express written permission.
- These conditions may be updated without notice.
Go to the top of the page
Return to the Services page